Are you always looking for ways to add extra storage and style to your home? I know I am!
Until recently, our small foyer (porch) area was host to a bench with some baskets under it for storage. It was nice, but as space was limited, I really wanted a way to add even more storage. I also really wanted to lighten up the area a little, as it felt a little like a dead end.
I decided to bring in a chest of drawers to solve my dilemmas. Found this one from Wicker Emporium at 50% off (sweet!), it fit the space perfectly and provides lots of storage for mittens, hats, sunglasses, mail, etc. I also love that it provides a space for a beautiful new mercury glass lamp and round mirror (Homesense!), that really help to brighten up the space. No more dead end….yay!
When decorating, it always helps to try to use things in new ways. My husband wasn’t so sure about the chest of drawers idea, he thought it would be too ” bedroomy” . Once I put it all together, and he now sees the added function it provides, he’s loving it!
With Spring just around the corner, I decided to dress it up my “new” porch area with a few simple Easter accessories.
Here’s a few pics:
- After: A more functional and brighter space!
- Before: A basic (boring) porch area….
A So Simple Easter idea:
- Use simple egg holders to hold some eggs (real or faux).
- Add some letter decals to spell out Easter, Spring, or any other greeting you wish.
- Put the egg holders on a small oblong tray and fill with some dried moss to complete the look.
- Nothing says Spring like tulips! You can pick up some inexpensive potted ones at just about any grocery store. I wrapped a simple burlap bow around to dress it up a little.
- Some spring branches in a large glass vase dress up the floor area. Some added “Twilight twigs” (Wescal) add a pretty sparkle while some faux Easter eggs work wonderfully as filler in the vase.
A beautiful round mirror is the perfect piece to go over the chest. It adds some shape and lots of light to the area. I also added this great box (perfect to store sunglasses) and shiny silver clock to complete the vignette.
Have you used any furniture pieces in unexpected places/ways?
I would love to hear from you :)