March 1st. Already. Can you believe it?! Here in St. John’s it was a balmy -11C today…..brrrr! On the bright side the sun was shining blissfully, which made me at least feel a little “springy” …. Time to switch out a few accessories around the house
For my mantel I decided to brighten things up a little from my usual neutral palette. A quick trip to Michaels and the Dollar Store gave me everything I needed.
Here’s what I used:
- Coloured “Loot Bags”
- Scrapbooking scalloped edge scissors
- Easter Wooden Rafia Grass
- Letter Stencils
- Scrapbook Paper
- Cut the bags in half with the scalloped edge scissors.
- Use the stencils to trace out the letters on pretty patterned scrapbook paper and cut them out. (Hint: trace the letters backwards on the wrong side of the paper to avoid seeing the pencil tracings after cutting)
- Glue the letters on the centre of the bags and fill with the raffia filler. Line them up on your mantel….
Here’s how they look all in a row
I added an apothecary jar of coloured eggs for an Easter touch. I also found these sweet patterned “windmills” at Michaels and just love the colour and whimsy they add!
The mantel definitely feels lighter and brighter now…..hopefully some warm Spring days are not too far away!